The Baptist College of Florida participates in the full range of state and federal aid programs. In addition, several other programs are offered to help students meet the cost of attending the college. Financial assistance offered can be in the form of grants, employment, loans, or scholarships. The applicant's financial need, academic achievement, community and school service, and potential achievement may be considered in determining eligibility for different programs. Applicants should call or e-mail the Financial Aid Office, email@example.com, to determine eligibility.
Financial Aid Applicant Requirements
- is accepted in good academic standing and maintains satisfactory academic progress at the college;
- is enrolled in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree;
- is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- owes no refund or repayment on a previous educational grant;
- is not delinquent on a student education loan;
- and, for programs based on financial need, has established financial eligibility through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To initiate the application process for grants, loans and college work-study, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may apply online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/." The application period begins October 1 for each upcoming academic year. The FAFSA application may be sent any time throughout the year, but by early submission, the applicant may be eligible for additional grants. Once the FAFSA application is received in the Financial Aid Office, the student will be notified of any additional forms or information needed. When all necessary forms have been submitted, the students file will be processed. Upon completion of the students file, he/she will receive an award letter indicating the types of financial aid and amounts for which they are eligible. The Baptist College of Florida does not automatically include student loans as a part of the student’s financial aid package. The student must contact the Financial Aid Office for a loan request form if they wish to request a loan.
Types of Financial Aid Available
Federal funds include Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work-Study (FWS), Student Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), and Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS).
State funds include Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG), Effective Access to Student Grant (EASE), Florida Bright Futures Scholarship (Academic, Medallion), Academic Top Scholars, and Children/Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans.
Institutional funds include scholarships from the Florida Baptist Convention and The Baptist College of Florida (Florida Ministerial Aid), and over 100 institutional scholarships. Christ is Our Salvation Loan fund and BCF short-term loans are available to qualifying students.
Outside sources include Alabama Baptist Foundation, Georgia Baptist Foundation, Lois B. & John F. Hipps Scholarship, L. Don Miley Scholarship, Alabama and Florida Prepaid Tuition Programs.
Veterans Administration and Vocational Rehabilitation benefits are accepted at our institution.
Tuition Assistance (TA) is accepted at our institution. To begin this process, service members must speak with a counselor from their branch of the military. The counselor will help establish an education plan so the service member can move along to the next step of his/her personal and professional journey.
Financial Aid Forms and Links
- BCF Students Rights and Responsibilities
- IRS Tax Transcript and Verification of Not Filing Letter
- BCF Financial Aid Application
- BCF Institutional Scholarship Application
- Student Fee Authorization FSA Funds
- 2018-2019 Federal Direct Loan Request
- Independent Verification Worksheet V1
- Independent Verification Worksheet V4
- Independent Verification Worksheet V5